Magento Developers Hamilton: Which Magento edition is right for you?
If you’re based in Hamilton and are looking for a Magento Developers Hamilton service, then you’re in the right place. We provide all our clients with a five star service to ensure you benefit fully from all the advantages that the Magento eCommerce platform has to offer.
Magento is one of the world’s most popular eCommerce platforms and is used by companies of all sizes across the world. From multinationals to startups, the Magento platform has you covered.
On the face of it, Magento can look overly complex and difficult to understand. So let’s break it down by looking at the different versions of Magento, so that you choose which version is best for your project.
Two editions, one great product
Magento comes in two versions: Enterprise Edition (EE), which is a fully featured eCommerce platform, and Community Edition (CE), which is a lightweight free shopping cart, suitable for small businesses and startups.
Enterprise Edition (EE) is the option that provides the most functionality and support out of the box. This is complex software because it needs to be. Modern shopping carts have to be able to handle a number of different tasks, from basic search and product listing to payment processing and redeemable vouchers.
Because Magento recognised that EE was going to be too expensive and complex for most small businesses to implement, they developed the lightweight Community Edition. CE provides 90% of the functionality of EE but comes without support from the developers.
Why choose Magento Community Edition?
- You’re on a budget and need a reliable proven codebase to build your e-Commerce site.
- You don’t want to have to pay for the maintenance fees that come with enterprise edition.
- You are comfortable writing code or you know a company providing an excellent Magento Developers Hamilton service who can write it for you.
Why choose Magento Enterprise Edition?
- You need multi-currency support from day one.
- You require an advanced E-commerce storefront with as little development as possible, allowing you to concentrate on building out unique online features to distinguish your brand.
- You can afford to pay the monthly support fee and are willing to pay it to speed up development time.
Whichever method you choose, you’re going to need an experienced Magento developer to help get your project up and running quickly and efficiently.
At Magento Web Design, we are providing the leading Magento Developers Hamilton service in the area. With over five years’ experience developing E-commerce sites for the Magento platform, we know what it takes to design, build and implement a successful E-commerce website. Contact us today to find out how we can help your business.
Are you not currently living in Hamilton? Well, you’ll be glad to know that we provide our services to other areas, towns and cities. Be sure to check out our Blog page to see if we provide our Magento Developer services in your area!